Unlock your potential
Use the method perfected by best-selling Harvard researchers to change the habits that hold you back
With the ever-accelerating pace of change and demand for innovation, it's no longer sufficient to strive to simply do more. To succeed, you need to get better at getting better.
Immunity-to-change mapping is a potent tool that can help you build infrastructure within your mind that enables you to thrive amid the challenges of the changing modern world. The immunity-to-change (ITC) method for achieving personal and professional goals—developed by Harvard professors and best-selling authors Bob Kegan and Lisa Lahey—has been used by thousands of people from all walks of life to make meaningful and sustained changes.
Join expert Susanna Katsman to learn why determination and will power are often insufficient to achieve your goals. You'll uncover hidden forces that work against your best efforts and get tools for addressing them so that you can make changes by working smarter, not trying harder. In this three-hour hands-on course, you'll choose a goal you've been trying to achieve, complete an immunity-to-change map to illustrate the forces that are keeping you from it, and discover how to overcome the barriers and reach the outcome you want.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- What limiting beliefs stand in the way of you making and sustaining progress toward your most important improvement goals
- Why technical tools, commitment, and will power are often insufficient when it comes to self-improvement
- The immunity-to-change methodology and how to apply it to make meaningful and sustained progress toward your goals
And you’ll be able to:
- Determine how your current mindset is keeping you from succeeding with your goals
- Use the immunity-to-change methodology to undo current limiting beliefs so that you're no longer sabotaging your progress
- Use follow-up resources to gain momentum toward your most important improvement goals
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a skilled professional looking to unlock your potential and thrive in your career.
- You work within constraints and complexities of the modern world and workplace.
- You want to become better at something (and improve in general).
- Experience working in an office setting
- Download and print the immunity-to-change map (No prework is required. You'll complete this worksheet during the course.)
About your instructor
Susanna Katsman is passionate about supporting individuals and teams in making personal and collective change. She earned an Ed.M. in Human Development and Psychology at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and trained in Immunity to Change facilitation at Minds at Work. Susanna has held a variety of roles within Organizational and Workforce Initiatives realm, including overseeing Training & Development and Work-Life-Wellbeing functions on the Harvard Longwood Campus.
As an organizational development practitioner Susanna specializes in experiential curriculum design that unlocks the potential for transformational learning -- whether it be through an online learning engagement, Leadership Development Training, or Peer Coaching Program.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Introduction (10 minutes)
- Lecture: What makes making changes so challenging; course goals
- Hands-on exercise: Complete the leftmost column of the ITC map
- Your improvement goal (40 minutes)
- Lecture: Criteria for selecting an improvement goal; behaviors that get in the way of the improvement goal
- Hands-on exercises: Complete column one of the ITC map; complete column two of the ITC map
- Group discussion: Share your column one entries; share your column two entries
- Break (5 minutes)
Approaches to change (15 minutes)
- Lecture: The “New Year’s resolutions” approach to change versus the immunity-to-change approach; technical problems versus adaptive challenges
- Hands-on exercise: Fill out the “Yuck Box” at the top of column three of the ITC map
Commitments (25 minutes)
- Lecture: Commitments that we have versus commitments that "have us"
- Hands-on exercise: Complete the rest of column three of the ITC map
- Group discussion: Share your column three entries
Immunity to change (10 minutes)
- Lecture: Behold—the immunity-to-change system; normalizing the range of reactions to your ITC system
- Break (5 minutes)
Assumptions (55 minutes)
- Lecture: Big assumptions (a.k.a. limiting beliefs) and how they put constraints on your reality; what it takes to overturn your immunity to change and make progress toward your improvement goal; designing tests of big assumptions
- Hands-on exercises: Fill out column four of the ITC map; fill out the rightmost column of the ITC map
- Group discussion: Share your column four entries
- Wrap-up and Q&A (15 minutes)