Tools for the Digital Transformation
By learning the tools for the digital transformation, you will be able to apply a strategic methodology to analyze your market, identify opportunities and threads, define a plan to grow your business and respond to new entrants.
In this course, you will learn the concepts, study real emblematic business cases and create your own plan, understanding the process of managing innovation and adapting your organization to the changes that are coming with the digital transformation.
We'll study digital transformation through five key domains of strategy that are changing and being transformed by the digital transformation:
- Customers: Thinking about customers as networks, and understanding their path to purchase.
- Competition: Platform business models and how they're changing the relationship between organizations.
- Data: Understand how you can build data as an asset in your business.
- Innovation: How innovation is changing, transforming into a process of experimentation, AB tests and MVP.
- Value: How value for businesses in the digital era is constantly changing?
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, online course, you’ll understand:
- How to analyze the market
- Identify trends and threads in your industry
- Define the strategy to compete in a world ruled by the digital transformation
- Plan the innovation in your organization
- Study real business cases
- Airbnb -> The Airbnb Business Model Map.
- Facebook -> How Facebook uses data as an Asset?
- Apple -> How Apple coopete with Google?
- Google Glass -> How and why Google failed launching Google Glass?
And you'll be able to:
- Identify new trends on customers behavior
- Adapt your service to new customers needs
- Create a market tunnel
- Define the innovation strategy for your business
- Identify business model options and define the best approach
- Create innovation experiments with different approaches for different problems
- Know the benefits of building a business platform and how to plan it
- Survive to new disruptions
This training course is for you because...
- You're working on companies or start-ups that have the need to adapt in a new disruptive world
- You're working on projects of innovation
- You want to learn the skills to prepare yourself for the new challenges that the digital transformation is creating
About your instructor
Fernando Damasio is an accomplished Senior Executive and thought-leader with more than 15 years of success across the technology, automotive, education, logistics, marketing, and steel industries. Leveraging extensive experience excelling in competitive markets, he is a valuable asset for a business developing its digital transformation and go-to-market strategy. His broad areas of expertise include technical skills, leadership, relationship management, competitive analysis, and methodology.
Throughout his career, Fernando has held various leadership positions including Engineer at Odebrect AS, Project Leader at Vale AS, Session Led at Udacity and CEO of CashFlix. Currently, he is the Product Leader and Founder of Skoods, Principal Consultant at Data Riders and Mentor for Udacity and Singularity University.
Fernando has had tremendous success over the years and has served as a key contributor to numerous organizational achievements. He was responsible for leading three of the largest projects at Vale, all of which were delivered on time and within budget. Fernando founded CashFlix in 2014 after raising investment for the company that provides an innovative purchasing solution that utilizes Machine Learning to read texts in photos of customer purchase vouchers. In 2017, he founded Data Riders, a consultancy company related to digital transformation and in 2018, he is founding a new company, Skoods, a crowdsourced self-racing car team.
Fernando received his Bachelor’s Degree in Automation and Control Engineering from Pontificia Universidade Católica de Minas Gerais and his Master of Business Administration in Project Management from Fundação Dom Cabral. He regularly participates in continuing education and professional development opportunities and has completed programs in Port and Harbor Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Self-Driving Car Engineering and Digital Strategies for Business.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
DAY 1 (4 hours)
Section 1: Five domains of digital transformation: (50 minutes)
- The five different areas of strategy that have been transformed by digital technologies.
- Customer: new customer networks;
- Competition: build a platform, not products;
- Data: transform data into assets;
- Innovation: Rapid experimentation;
- Value: Adapt your value proposition
- Practical Exercise: Digital SWOT
Section 2: Customer Networks (50 minutes)
Looking at changing strategies for customers, specifically thinking of customers as customer networks and understanding their new path to purchase in the digital era.
- New marketing funnel;
- Path to purchase
- Practical Exercise: Build a funnel
Break (20 minutes)
Section 3: Platform business model maps (50 minutes)
Platform business models, one of the key drivers which are changing competition and competitive strategies in the digital transformation era.
- Types of the platform;
- Network effects
- Case: The Airbnb Business Model Map
- Practical Exercise: Create a platform business model map
Break (20 minutes)
Section 4: Coopetition (50 minutes)
How competitive strategy is changing the digital age? Competition, intermediation, disintermediation and the rise of asymmetric competitors.
- Asymmetric Competitors
- Practical Exercise: Create a Competitive Value Train Analysis
- Case: How Apple competes with Google
DAY 2 (4 hours)
Section 5: Data as an asset (50 minutes)
The idea of building data, not just as an operational process, but also as an asset in your business and what does that mean.
- Key types of data;
- Data-driven marketing;
- Integrating different types of data;
- Creating value
- Practical Exercise: Build a Data Value Generator
- Case: How Facebook uses data as an asset?
Section 6: Innovation and Experimentation (50 minutes)
How do we manage innovation? How do we understand and think about innovation?
- 7 Principles of experimentation;
- Stages of experimental methods;
- Practical Exercise: The experimentation canvas
- Case: How and why Google failed to launch Google Glass?
Break (20 minutes)
Section 7: Adapting the value proposition (50 minutes)
Adapt your value proposition, understanding how to drive customer-centricity in a business during a time of change.
- Shrinking Market;
- 3 routes;
- Adaptation; Value proposition roadmap;
- Getting people to think differently
- Practical Exercise: Build a value proposition roadmap
Break (20 minutes)
Section 8: Disruptive Business Models (50 minutes)
How to survive disruption? How to identify and respond to it?
- The concept of disruption;
- Innovation vs Disruption;
- Disruption in the digital era; Business model map;
- Disruptive business model map
- Practical Exercise: Create a Disruptive business model map