Spotlight on innovation: The Future Beyond Digital, Entering a New Era of Exploration and Collaboration with Greg Satell
Embracing a new mindset towards innovation
Innovation isn’t just about solving existing problems faster and more efficiently -- it’s about discovering and solving new ones. To remain competitive, today’s business leaders need to embrace not only new technologies, but an entirely new mindset when it comes to innovation.
Join this Spotlight on Innovation: Where Business Meets Technology and learn how you can make room for true innovation at your company.
O’Reilly’s Spotlight Series explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour, live interactive events. Through the series, you’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas, while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future of innovation. Best of all, you’ll discover what companies who successfully innovate have in common, and how you can follow their lead with small, practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- Why investing in collaboration and research is essential for long-term success
- What other organizations have done to prepare, rather than adapt, to remain competitive
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs, and address them early
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found solutions to customer problems
- Come with your questions for Greg Satell
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Mapping Innovation: A Playbook for Navigating a Disruptive Age by Greg Satell
- “The Industrial Era Ended, and So Will the Digital Era” in Harvard Business Review
- “Why Some of the Most Groundbreaking Technologies Are a Bad Fit for the Silicon Valley Funding Model” in Harvard Business Review
- “How IBM, Google And Amazon Innovate Differently” in Inc.
About your instructor
Greg Satell is a former corporate executive and entrepreneur-turned-bestselling writer and popular speaker who has a passion for transforming big ideas into practical business solutions.
After building and managing media businesses for 15 years in Eastern Europe, he returned to the United States in 2011 and served as SVP – Strategy & Innovation at Moxie Interactive, a division of Publicis Groupe, one of the world’s leading marketing services organizations.
Previously, he was Co-CEO of KP Media, an integrated media publishing company that managed brands such as Bigmir, Ukraine’s leading digital platform, and Korrespondent, a news organization that played a pivotal role in the Orange Revolution.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)