Spotlight on Innovation: Blockchain as a Service with Ed Featherston
Understanding the landscape and potential benefits
Blockchain is the shiny new technology. According to Gartner, it has just passed the peak of its hype cycle curve, and if you read the news, you'd think it has taken over the technology world. However, as Gartner notes, the reality is that "most [blockchain] initiatives are still in the alpha or beta stages" and "enterprises are still deciding how to navigate this technology."
One of the challenges enterprises face is determining when they should be thinking about blockchain, quickly followed by how they even set up an environment to evaluate it. A blockchain is not a simple product you install like a new desktop application. It's a complex ecosystem, and it's difficult to install, configure, and develop against.
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Innovation, in which Ed Featherston will explain why blockchain as a service is a critical offering for those who need to make decisions about blockchain. You'll learn what blockchain as a service brings to the table, what the opportunities and risks are, and what to expect in the future.
O’Reilly Spotlight explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future. Best of all, you’ll discover what successful companies have in common and how you can follow their lead with small practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- Why blockchain as a service changes the game for blockchain development and implementations
- The current landscape of blockchain as a service and how it fits in your business strategies
- How to make better, more strategic decisions about blockchain in your organization
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts of blockchain technology that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs and address them early.
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found blockchain solutions to customer problems.
- Come with your questions for Ed Featherston
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
About your instructor
Ed Featherston is a distinguished technologist at Cloud Technology Partners, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, where he provides technology leadership on the design, construction, and implementation of projects for a variety of industries, including financial services, government, pharmaceutical, and retail. An experienced enterprise systems architect with expertise in systems integration, internet/intranet, client/server, middleware, and cloud technologies, Ed contributes regularly to thought leadership initiatives, sharing articles on blockchain, big data, machine learning, IoT, and the cloud in CTP’s the Doppler, leading webinars, and serving on industry panels. He's been named one of Rise Global’s "Cloud Global Power 100 Influencers," one of Onalytica’s "Big Data 2017 Top 100 Influencers," and a "Top 10 Blockchain Influencer" by both Enterprise Management 360 and the Enterprisers Project.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)