Spotlight on innovation: AI explained with James Cham
Make your best artificial intelligence business decisions
Artificial intelligence: it’s highly-publicized, polarizing, difficult to approach rationally—and even tougher to implement strategically. Yet, beyond the buzz is an urgent imperative to adopt an AI-centric business model that harnesses the virtues of machine learning and propels your organization forward with true competitive advantages.
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Innovation: Where Business Meets Technology, to learn how AI works, how it’s shaking up the traditional relationship between labor and capital, and how all of this can inform how you adapt and leverage AI across your organization.
O’Reilly’s Spotlight Series explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour, live interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas, while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future. Best of all, you’ll discover what successful companies have in common, and how you can follow their lead with small, practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- The current landscape of AI-centric business strategies
- How to make better, more strategic decisions about AI in your organization
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs, and address them early
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found solutions to customer problems
- Come with your questions for James Cham
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- “The current state of machine intelligence 3.0” by Shivon Zilis and James Cham (November 7, 2016)
- “The Competitive Landscape for Machine Intelligence” by Shivon Zilis and James Cham (November 2, 2016)
- Bloomberg Beta Reading List
About your instructor
James Cham is a Partner at Bloomberg Beta, a firm focused the future of work. James invests in companies that work to apply machine intelligence to businesses and society, including Orbital Insight (satellite imaging), Primer (analyst tools), Domino Data Labs (AI model management), and AppZen (expense management). James speaks and writes on the implications of AI for organizations, including a landscape of machine intelligence companies. In the past, he's been involved in investments with companies like LifeLock, LinkedIn, Twilio, DropCam (now Nest), and Skybox Imaging. Prior, James was a software developer and management consultant at The Boston Consulting Group. James attended Harvard and MIT, and currently lives in Palo Alto, California.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction/Presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)