Ken Blanchard on Leading at a Higher Level: 4 Leadership Principles to Creating a High-Performing Organization
In this course, best-selling business author Ken Blanchard shares key concepts from the newly released third edition of his book Leading at a Higher Level. Ken will share a 4-step approach to building an organizational culture that leads to engaged people and improves long-term business results.
Participants will explore:
How to set your sights on the right target and vision. A compelling vision tells your organization who you are (purpose), where you’re going (picture of the future), and what guides your behavior and decisions (values). Ken will share how a compelling vision creates a strong organizational culture where everyone’s interests and energy are aligned. This results in trust, customer satisfaction, an energized and committed workforce, and profitability.
How to treat your people right. Without committed and empowered employees, you can never provide good service. You can't treat your people poorly and then expect them to treat your customers well. Ken will explain how treating your people right begins with good performance planning to get things going. It continues with managers who provide the right amount of direction and support that each individual employee needs in order to achieve those goals and performance standards.
How to treat your customers right. To keep your customers coming back today, you can't be content with simply satisfying them. Instead, you have to create raving fans--customers who are so excited about the way you treat them that they want to tell everyone about you. Ken will share how companies that create raving fans routinely do the unexpected on behalf of their customers, and then enjoy the growth generated by customers bragging about them to prospective clients.
How to have the right kind of leadership. The most effective leaders realize that leadership is not about them and that they are only as good as the people they lead. These leaders seek to be serving leaders, not self-serving leaders. Ken will explain how once a vision has been set, leaders move themselves to the bottom of the hierarchy, acting as a cheerleader, supporter, and encourager for the people who report to them.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
This course will teach you how to:
- Go beyond the short term and zero in on the right target and vision
- Empower people and unleash their incredible potential
- Deliver legendary customer service and earn raving fans
- Ground your leadership in humility and focus on the greater good
This training course is for you because...
- You already have a desire to bring out the best in people
- You want to apply proven management techniques that generate results while creating a motivating work environment
- You want to transform your organization so that it can thrive in today’s fast-paced business environment
- Read Chapter 1 of Leading at a Higher Level, Third Edition: https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/leading-at-a/9780134857558/
- The newly released third edition of Ken Blanchard's book Leading at a Higher Level is available on the O'Reilly Learning Platform:
- Download and review a 60-page summary version of Leading at a Higher Level, available at no charge from The Ken Blanchard Companies website. Use this link to access your free copy: https://resources.kenblanchard.com/ebooks/leading-at-a-higher-level
About your instructor
Few people have influenced the day-to-day management of people and companies more than Ken Blanchard. A prominent, sought-after author, speaker, and business consultant, Dr. Blanchard is respected for his lifetime of groundbreaking research and thought leadership that has influenced the day-to-day management and leadership of people and companies throughout the world.
Ken’s impact as an author is far reaching. His iconic 1982 classic, The One Minute Manager, coauthored with Spencer Johnson, has sold more than 13 million copies and remains on bestseller lists today. In the past three decades he has authored or coauthored 60 books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works—including Raving Fans, The Secret, and Leading at a Higher Level, to name just a few—have been translated into more than 42 languages. In 2005 Ken was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Setting Your Sights on the Right Target and Vision (20 min)
- Is Your Organization High Performing? (10 minutes)
- The Power of Vision (10 minutes)
Segment 2: Treating Your People Right (60 min)
- Coaching: A Key Competency for Leadership Development (10 min)
- SLII®: The Integrating Concept (10 min)
- Break + Q&A (10 min)
- Self Leadership: The Power Behind Empowerment (10 min)
- Building Trust (10 min)
- Team Leadership (10 min)
Segment 3: Treating Your Customers Right (20 min)
- Serving Customers at a Higher Level (15 min)
- Break + Q&A (5 minutes)
Segment 4: Have the Right Kind of Leadership (20 min)
- Servant Leadership (10 min)
- Determining Your Leadership Point of View (10 min)