Google Cloud Platform – Professional Cloud Developer Crash Course
Google Cloud certifications are in high demand and the number of opportunities for certified professionals are growing. Getting certified with Google Cloud Platforms’ New Professional Developer exam enables you to prove your skills and be one of the first to obtain this certification. Learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate components from the Google Cloud ecosystem in order to prepare for the GCP Cloud Certification exam.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Learn the best practices for application development.
- Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
- Implement federated identity management.
- Develop applications on App Engine and other compute solutions.
- Integrate application components and data sources.
- Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
- Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
- How to prepare for the GCP Professional Cloud Developer Certification Exam
- Create an account, and apply important first steps to securing that account
- Identify key services offered for compute, storage, database, and other solutions
- Prepare to take the GCP Professional Cloud Developer Exam which is a demanding exam that requires concise GCP experience and knowledge
This training course is for you because...
- You are a cloud developer writing applications that use GCP services such as App Engine, Cloud Functions, Kubenetes Engine or Compute Engine.
- Anyone who would like to study, prepare and pass the very challenging GCP Professional Cloud Developer Exam
- You are an aspiring Cloud Developer on GCP who is required to complete a GCP Certification
- You understand GCP services and how to apply them but need a refresher
- You need a concise approach to preparing for the exam.
- A basic understanding of general networking concepts, cloud computing, and multi-tier architectural design
- 6 months of using GCP or anyone who has watched: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform LiveLessons
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning Fundamentals LiveLessons
About your instructor
Joe Holbrook has been in the IT field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems on board a US Navy flagship USS JFK. He has migrated from UNIX networking world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and then onto Enterprise Cloud/Virtualization and Blockchain Architectures. He has worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR Data, Brocade, Dimension Data, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis.net, Chematch.com, SAIC and Siemens Nixdorf. He also has been a contract technical trainer for HPE (3PAR), Hitachi Data Systems, Training Associates, ITPrenuers and Global Knowledge. Joe is also a widely published course author on outlets such as Linkedin Learning, INE.com and Udemy.com
Currently Joe is the owner of a new upstart learning platform called myblockchainexperts.net and is based out of Jacksonville FL.
Joe is also a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) and avid Blockchain and Cryptocurrency geek.
He also holds Industry leading certifications from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Brocade, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, VMWare, CompTIA, HP 3PAR ASE, Cloud Credential Council, Palo Alto Networks and numerous other organizations.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
- Google Cloud Platform Professional Cloud Developer Exam Basics
- Exam Objectives
- GCP Services Overview
(45 minutes) - Best Practices for Application Development with GCP - Development Tools, creating Pipelines and Mainlines - Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- Choosing a compute service to deploy your application on.
- Choosing the database and storage service for application services
- Choosing basic networking services such as load balancing
Break: 15 minutes
Executing Applications and Deploying on GCP
(45 Minutes) - Deploying a containerized web application on Kubenetes Engine - Deploying a microservices application on Cloud Functions - Deploying a microservices application on App Engine - Deploying services on Cloud DataStore
(30 Minutes) - Blue/green deployments - Traffic-splitting deployments - Rolling deployments - Canary deployments
- Managing APIs with Google Cloud Endpoints
- API Security
- Apigee Need to Know
Using Cloud Storage
(15 Minutes) - Best Practices for Using Google Cloud Storage - Naming buckets for static websites and other uses
Review Day One (10 Minutes)
Review and Q/A
Monitoring and Managing your Application
(30 Minutes) - Debugging, Monitoring, and Tuning Performance with Google Stackdriver
(30 Minutes) - Re-architecting applications from local services to Google Cloud Platform
Building and Testing Applications
(45 Minutes) - Building a continuous integration pipeline - GCP Services Cloud Build, Container Registry, Cloud Source Repositories, etc) - Developing unit tests for all code written
Break: 15 minutes
Identity and Access Management (IAM)
(15 Minutes) - Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and service accounts - User authentication by using Firebase Authentication
Writing Code and the considerations
(15 Minutes) - Agile, DevOps - Choosing Algorithm design
Integrating Google Cloud Platform Services
(15 Minutes) - Integrating an application with Data and Storage services - Integrating an application with Compute services. - Integrating Google Cloud APIs with applications
GCP Cloud Developer Exam Preparation - Exam Preparation
(75 Minutes) - Preparing for the exam. - Practice Question Review - Top Ten areas to focus on for the exam