Data Driven Fundamentals of Google Analytics
Learn How to Set-up Google Analytics, Track Marketing Analytics and Increase Traffic, and Make Data-Driven Decisions about Your Digital Products
Data is being generated everywhere while also being collected by numerous methods in our digital world. Discovering business and technical insights from these data streams requires learning how to effectively use the best available analytical tools at our disposal. Google Analytics provides an astounding array of capabilities that, when used correctly, will guide your myriad of technical, business, professional and even personal decisions in a data driven direction.
Knowing what metrics, tools, and services are available to provide insight into your digital product’s performance is critical to reaching the best researched and reasoned conclusions possible.
During this course you learn the Google Analytics toolsets and step-by-step instructions on how to set up Google Analytics to provide comprehensive and actionable business and technical insights. Useful tips and tricks are provided to help you articulate your goals, increase conversions, and use your digital products to improve your business.
Lastly, identify the reporting sections within Google Analytics that have the greatest impact on digital products and walk through the steps required to get to the relevant data, analyze the data and even export this data outside Google Analytics to investigate further.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Use Google Analytics to provide insight and key data driven decisions
- Use Google Search Console to locate keywords that are driving interest
- Set up Google Analytics to Collect Actionable Data Results
- Use Google Analytical Tools such as Analytics Intelligence, Table Booster, URL Builder, Da Vinci Tools, Real Time - Tracking as well as many others.
- Install Google Analytics APIs to automate reporting and join Google Analytics data with your business data.
- Document Insights and Make Data Driven Decisions to Grow your digital product
- Identify How to Track the Success of Your Marketing Campaigns with Tagging
- Get Hands on Experience with Google Analytics Demo Account
This training course is for you because...
- You are a business owner, entrepreneur or product manager who wants to maximize the performance of your digital products and assets.
- You want to master the fundamentals of Google Analytics to obtain insights that may drive your business decisions.
- A website, blogging site, or mobile application to use with Google Analytics
- A basic understanding of using Google Chrome in order to install extensions
- Basic Internet connection to access resources
- Introduction to Google Analytics presentation and checklist will be provided to registered students
- View Using Google Search Console
- Optional preparation, free basic overview of what Google Analytics is through a Google Analytics basic training https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/6
About your instructor
Joe Holbrook has been in the IT field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems on board a US Navy flagship USS JFK. He has migrated from UNIX networking world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and then onto Enterprise Cloud/Virtualization and Blockchain Architectures. He has worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR Data, Brocade, Dimension Data, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis.net, Chematch.com, SAIC and Siemens Nixdorf. He also has been a contract technical trainer for HPE (3PAR), Hitachi Data Systems, Training Associates, ITPrenuers and Global Knowledge. Joe is also a widely published course author on outlets such as Linkedin Learning, INE.com and Udemy.com
Currently Joe is the owner of a new upstart learning platform called myblockchainexperts.net and is based out of Jacksonville FL.
Joe is also a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) and avid Blockchain and Cryptocurrency geek.
He also holds Industry leading certifications from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Brocade, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, VMWare, CompTIA, HP 3PAR ASE, Cloud Credential Council, Palo Alto Networks and numerous other organizations.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1 - Fundamentals of Google Analytics (50 Minutes)
- Create a Google Analytics Account
- Google Analytics Terminology
- Understand Reporting Options, Analyze Reports.
- Demo on Google Analytics Console
- Demo on installing Google Analytics Reporting and Tracking tools
- Break: 10 Minutes
- Intermediate and Advanced Topics (10 Minutes)
Segment 2 - Advanced Topics around Data Driven Decisions with Google Analytics and Certification (40 Minutes)
- Understand Analytics Intelligence and Advanced Customization of Data
- Understand How to use Google Analytical Tools and features such as Analytics Intelligence, Table Booster, URL Builder, Da Vinci Tools, Real Time Tracking
- Demo on Google Analytics Identifying Opportunities through SEO
- Demo on Report Analysis (Acquisition, Behavior, Conversions)
- Learn about Google Analytics certification options
- Course Wrap up and Next Steps
Review and Q/A (10 Minutes)