Cloud migration strategy: optimizing future operations with AI
Learn how to plan, migrate, secure and operate with high degree of agility, speed and maturity on the cloud
Cloud Computing is the future and the benefits are well established. The challenge business and technology leaders face is achieving the expected benefits on the cloud by operating at a high degree of agility, automation, security and maturity. When they embark on their cloud journey they very soon realize that: the cloud is not any cheaper, adopting cloud does not automatically ensure security, cloud skills are hard to find, and agility and scale do not come easily. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) driven automation play a key role in today’s technology landscape to operate and continuously improve.
This course will provide insights into how to go about operating single, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments at high degree of efficiency and scale with continuous cost optimization. It will also explain how AI and ML can be used to be proactive with issue identification, resolution and continuous improvement on the cloud.
The course is structured in an incremental approach of taking the audience through the various stages of transition and maturity that organizations and technology leaders have to go through starting from dipping their toes on the cloud, getting cloud ready, becoming cloud optimized and eventually to a self-aware and self healing state of operating on the cloud. It presents a pragmatic approach of achieving these goals instead of it just being flashy thoughts on paper.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- How to enable extreme agility to your business and technology teams
- How to operate on a continuous mode of optimization
- How to achieve accelerated speed to market
- How to use AI and ML to operate in a future mode
- How to take an iterative and incremental approach to achieving agility, security, scale and cost savings in the cloud, leveraging AI, ML and other orchestration mechanisms
And you’ll be able to:
- Provide cost savings on the overall cloud expenses
- Improve security, scale and agility for business applications
- Be proactive in identifying issues and resolving them
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a Technology or Business Leader responsible for Business Applications
- You work with Business Teams and Customers and you need to improve the speed to market, agility, security, and scale of your software products and applications
- Basic understanding of cloud services and shared responsibility with Cloud Providers would be helpful
- Are you on the Cloud bandwagon? (article)
- Choosing a Cloud Provider with Confidence (article)
- Getting Started with Cloud Computing (live online training) or similar course
- Read Cloud Migration vs. Cloud Native (report)
- Take Moving to the Cloud: What Your Company Needs to Know (live online training course with David Linthicum)
- Take Cloud Computing on the Edge (live online training course with Mark Thiele)
- Take Getting Started with Cloud Computing (live online training course with Michael Shannon)
About your instructor
Hariram Ananthasubramanian has led large technology and product organizations in various industries. Currently, Hariram is the Co-Founder and CEO of Kaiburr, which is an innovative technology organization enabling Cloud Adoption and DevOps. Recently, Hariram was the Head of Data Strategy and Vice President at Altisource where he was managing the Information Management P&L and responsible for delivering key financial products to market. He has set up technology strategy for organizations like Bank of New York Mellon, Dun & Bradstreet, Altisource, Ocwen. He also plays an advisory role with many organizations and technology/business leaders.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Cloud Strategy and Migration (40 minutes)
- Presentation: Benefits expected from Cloud Adoption, choosing the right cloud providers, different approaches to cloud migration, common mistakes with cloud migrations, tools and techniques to accelerate and perform efficient cloud migrations.
- Group Discussion: What challenges are you facing (or have faced) in your company on cloud strategy and migrations?
- Exercise: What are the top five goals of cloud adoption in your organization?
Day Zero and First Few Months on the Cloud (15 minutes)
- Presentation: Common mistakes with day zero cloud operations, best practices for a smooth cloud transition.
- Group Discussion: What are the top issues encountered by you and your teams during the first few days of cloud operations?
- Break (5 minutes)
Future Mode Cloud Operations aided by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (60 minutes)
- Presentation: Pillars for future mode cloud operations, continuous security and compliance on the cloud, automation for agility and speed to market, how to AI and ML can help gain higher levels of maturity, cloud mobility and multi-cloud readiness.
- Exercise: What are the top three focus areas for your company to operate in the future mode on the cloud?
- Group Discussion: How do you see the future of cloud shaping up from your vantage point?