CCNA Routing and Switching Exam Prep
The Most Important Technologies (and Mistakes to Avoid) on the CCNA Exam
What prevents you – or anyone – from passing the CCNA Routing and Switching Exam? This course answers that question using techniques used for decades in the college entrance exam industry. This course examines:
- How to optimize your study time in the last month through some essential study techniques and tips
- How to avoid losing points in the most crucial technology topics: topics that appear often and are most often misunderstood and missed on the exam.
- How to prepare for success on exam day, with a discussion of questions types, whether to guess, how to approach Sim and Simlet questions, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Long-time trusted CCNA author Wendell Odom guides you through this course. Wendell gets inside the heads of CCNA exam question writers and students like you. He sifted all of CCNA through the filter of “What causes people to lose points on the exam?” The result: This course that distills the most important study techniques, technical topics, and exam-day tips.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Top study techniques you can start using today to improve your chances of passing the exam.
- The top 5 technology topics from the ICND1 half of the CCNA Routing and Switching exam – with links to videos about the next 5.
- The top 5 technology topics from the more advanced ICND2 half of the CCNA Routing and Switching exam – with links to videos about the next 5.
- An examination of the exam environment, the top issues for new Cisco test takers, and how to avoid issues that cost you points.
This training course is for you because...
- You want to pass any of the exams related to Cisco’s CCNA Routing and Switching Certification: The ICND1 100-105 Exam, the ICND2 200-105 Exam, and the CCNA 200-125 Exam.
- You want to be better at your networking job, with a better understanding, better ability to troubleshoot, and a better ability to talk techie with your peers
- Required: None.
- Beneficial: Some experience with networking using Cisco routers and switches, and/or progress with studying for any of the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching exams.
Optional: (video) Learning Path: CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Exam Prep
About your instructor
Wendell Odom, CCIE No. 1624, creates many of the best-selling Cisco certification products of their types, particular in the routing and switching space. He has pioneered the authorized Cisco Certification Guide series at Cisco Press and has written every edition of the leading CCENT and CCNA Certification Guides. He has written over 30 editions of networking books, video, and software products, ranging in depth from introductory level to CCIE. Wendell has worked as an instructor, course developer, network engineer, and consultant. Find links to more study tools and resources (including his blogs) at www.certskills.com.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
CCNA Study Techniques to Improve Your Chance of Passing (30 Minutes)
- Course Intro
- Five Study Techniques to Start Using Right Now
- Adding More Techniques to Your CCNA Action Plan
Most Common and Costly Technology Mistakes, Part 1 (70 Minutes)
Top 5 CCNA/ICND1 Technology Mistakes: Deep Dive
LAN Switch Forwarding
VLANs Allowed on a Trunk
Analyzing Existing Subnets
Adding the Next 5 CCNA/ICND1 Technology Mistakes to Your Action Plan
Break (10 Minutes)
Most Common and Costly Technology Mistakes, Part 2 (70 Minutes)
Top 5 CCNA/ICND2 Technology Mistakes: Deep Dive
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Convergence Logic
OSPF Neighbor Relationship Issues
Matching Port Numbers with Extended ACLs
Adding the Next 5 CCNA/ICND2 Technology Mistakes to Your Action Plan
Picking up Points on Exam Day (20 Minutes)
- The Exam User Interface
- Managing Time Pressure
- Finishing Your Action Plan