Building your LinkedIn network
Developing successful relationships to elevate your career
LinkedIn is the largest professional network in the world, with over 520 million people on LinkedIn who focus on business-to-business commerce, including people from every Fortune 500 company. With numbers like these, you can easily use LinkedIn to produce a high-quality list of people who can help you with your business challenges and get you to the next level. Yet most use LinkedIn merely as a place to hold their résumé. You may have a great profile, but LinkedIn does nothing for you unless you work it.
Join expert Ken Cheo to learn how to use LinkedIn to find people who can be very strategically useful to you, connect with them, develop a relationship, and get them on the phone to see if a further conversation makes sense for both of you.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- How to optimize your LinkedIn profile so you're interesting and credible to the people you want to connect with
- How to use LinkedIn’s search to find and profile your ideal connections
- How to get introduced to the people you want to meet
- How to connect and develop relationships with prospects and strategic partners
- How to promote events and fill seats
- When to ask for a telephone or coffee meeting
- How to harness LinkedIn discussion groups to showcase your expertise
And you’ll be able to:
- Build your first connections with influential and quality people
- Develop relationships with the people you want to meet or communicate with
- Initiate a dialogue from your relationships and get your connections on the phone
- Create a messaging campaign that works
- Export LinkedIn contacts to a spreadsheet and utilize the email data for a monthly newsletter
This training course is for you because...
- You want to connect and develop relationships with people that can help you solve a challenge or accelerate your career development.
- You're looking to transition to a better job that you love.
- A LinkedIn profile
About your instructor
Ken Cheo is the president and owner of Our Sales Coach, where he helps executives, managers, and select salespeople create an ideal client prospecting system to gain a strong market position and produce meetings with decision makers. Ken also helps his clients develop a scalable and repeatable sales process that ensures they aren't wasting time with people who don’t buy or buy from someone else, and trains and coaches teams so the changed behaviors become habitual and sustainable. Previously, Ken spent over 20 years in sales and sales management. Ken is a frequent speaker on a variety of sales- and marketing-related subjects.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Introduction (10 minutes)
- Group discussion: How would you rate your current activity on LinkedIn?
- Lecture: The opportunity
Optimizing your profile (25 minutes)
- Lecture: How to optimize your profile to be relevant and interesting to your targeted audience
- Hands-on exercise: Identify the persona of your ideal connection
Finding strategic people (20 minutes)
- Lecture: How to search the database and produce a high-quality list; how to join and participate in groups; how to find a job or employee
- Hands-on demonstration: Using the search functionality
- Break (10 minutes)
Getting referred to your ideal targets (10 minutes)
- Lecture: How to find referral sources to your ideal connections
- Hands-on demonstration: Finding referral sources
Posting and sharing discussions (5 minutes) - Lecture: How to post and share a discussion
Connecting and developing the relationship (20 minutes)
- Lecture: Connection requests and messages; strategies
- Hands-on exercise: What can you offer?
Marketing (15 minutes) - Lecture: Messaging campaigns; getting the call; promoting events; paid versus free
Wrap-up and Q&A (5 minutes)